Jiaqi Wang's Blog EDCI 337

Welcome to my blog.Hope you can enjoy.

assignment 3-Core Multimedia

What did I learned?

When I learned about multimedia and how to use multimedia skills, I began to examine my previous works and found that they were not perfect and could be improved in terms of design. While knowledge and content are important, the way these multimedia are presented is also important, and the use of multimedia is one of the ways in which teachers and company leaders are evaluating our abilities. Because a good multimedia presentation can make the presentation of the content more clear with a clear idea, the viewer can also feel the direction and be well involved in it. This can also help us achieve success more often.

My Previous Work

There are three main problems with my PowerPoint slides:

First, the image inserts are too rigid and do not relate to the overall design of the slide. It looks like it was inserted directly, without any soft transition. Typography and design are very important, and the new PowerPoint software will give you inspirations when you insert images. These suggestions are very practical and can be directly applied to our design.

Secondly, in the presentation of the slide page, the large space caused by too many words makes the page look very crowded. Due to too many words, the font size is very small in order to fit in the page. If it is a speech, the viewer may not be able to see exactly what is written. Therefore, what we need to change is that the text part should reflect the central idea in a very concise way. It is better to divide it into several steps so that viewers can follow the ideas easily. The rest of the text can be expressed verbally, which is a good indication that our speech ability is not just scripted.

Finally, the design of the slides is best not to be the same background color, it will appear that the entire slide is very single. It is best to design two opposite colors to highlight the point or to flatter the image. This is a good way to distinguish between the center and order of viewing.

Work After Change

These are the changes I made to my original slideshow, which is a good representation of what we want to show and provides a very enjoyable look and feel.